1. What should I bring? Bath towels, personal soaps/toiletries, kitchen towels/dish rags, dish soap, paper towels, charcoal/lighter fluid. We provide a fully equipped kitchen, including microwave, toaster and coffee maker; all bed linens are included, the deck includes a Weber grill, patio chairs, and picnic table. Other items you might consider include nightlights, tablecloth for the picnic table, insect repellent, fillet knife, Ziploc bags, life jackets, flashlight, and any consumables (think salt and pepper, etc.).
2. Do you sell fishing licenses? No, the nearest location to buy your license is the Two Inlets Country Store (5 miles). You will pass through Two Inlets if you come from the south or east.
3. Do you sell bait? Yes – night crawlers and leeches.
4. Do you have boats for rent? Yes – we have flat-bottom Carolina skiffs and a pontoon for rent.
- 15 hsp with two pedestals and a bench: $60/day* or $200/week
- 20 hsp with three pedestals: $70/day* or $240/week
- Pontoon: $200/day* or $900/week
- *We only rent by the week in advance. If there are still boats available upon arrival, we will rent by day
5. How far are you from the nearest restaurant? There are a couple bar and grill restaurants within 10 miles. Park Rapids(19 miles) has several restaurant options.
6. Do I have to bring all of my groceries? No, Park Rapids(19 miles) has two large grocery stores that are open 24 hours a day.
7. What if it is hot? We are far enough north that hot nights are seldom a problem. Many guests will bring box fans, just in case. Cabins 17, 18 and 19 have air conditioning and the lodge units 14, 15, and 16 have air conditioners.
8. Do you have WI FI? Yes, this is a free service available in the lodge and surrounding decks.
9. Do the cabins have TVs? Only the lodge units (14, 15, and 16) have TV/DVDs. Some guests will bring a small TV to watch movies in their cabins.
10. Do you allow campfires? Yes, we have one large centrally located fire ring with benches. We have two scheduled resort campfires, one evening we make kettle corn, the other night we make s’mores. Everyone has access to this area at other times of the week; just ask, and we will set up a fire and provide plenty of wood. Our only restriction relates to the level of noise after quiet time.
11. When do I check-in & check-out? Prompt 9:00 am check-out insures us enough time for cleaning. This helps us make sure our accommodations are ready for the next 4:00 pm check-in.
12. Do you allow pets? No- we do not allow pets.